Our mission? Increase business competitiveness through co-operative innovation.
Our job? Encourage and develop co-operative innovation in processes and products, through a range of dedicated services. The cluster oversees and supports joint R&D projects involving at least three distinct partners (industrial and researchers).
How? The cluster initiates R&D themes and forms working groups (organisational, search for partners, setting up, search for funding), which it runs until filing, financing and finalising the projects resulting from it. It also helps companies and research centres wishing to develop an innovation through the availability of its services and solutions.
Day by day, the cluster:
- Monitors the economic and technological aspects of its sector, with the aim of discovering new ideas for innovation (Innovation Workshops)
- Advises and helps its members to find funding suitable for their projects (Innovation workshops)
- Creates, leads and runs groups to monitor joint projects (one group per project)
- Helps with the mounting of projects
- Organises the human and financial resources necessary for project success
- Communicates the results and progress of projects (Promotion Workshops)
- Places its resources at the service of its members (manufacturers, research laboratories, technical centres, schools, universities, institutions) (Techtera Resource Workshops)
- Brings together manufacturers (B to B), researchers, institutions, funders
- Organises exploratory missions into targeted markets
- Identifies and provides marketing, legal and technical expertise; essential for compiling the files
- Helps with getting innovative products onto the market
- Creates and implements partnerships including inter-cluster partnerships, in France and other countries
- Communicates and implements plans for international marketing
- Is an “innovation” showcase for textiles and flexible materials in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region in France and abroad
Techtera has ISO 9001: 2008 certification for supporting manufacturers in cooperative technological innovation projects and enhancing the attractiveness and influence of the textile and flexible materials sector.
Techtera also has the “CLUSTER MANAGEMENT EXCELLENCE GOLD LABEL”, certification at a European level as part of the European Cluster Excellence Initiative; an initiative supported by the European Commission.
The Gold Label confirms Techtera’s high level of excellence in the management of its activities, and certifies that the cluster is successfully engaged in a continuous improvement procedure.
Techtera is the first European textile innovation cluster to be awarded the Gold Label.
Up to now, only 69 of the 2,000 European clusters have been certified Gold.