AlpTextyles is a European Interreg Alpine Space collaborative project, of which Techtera is partner.
AlpTextyles will develop collaborative solutions for a heritage & consumer sensitive relocalization of sustainable, circular, and innovative Alpine textile value chains
Textile value chains are amongst the most polluting industries, with a massive potential for CO2 reduction. When we approach the rich textile heritage of the Alps, we see it brimming with specific aesthetics and know-how based on values of circularity and sensitivity to local resources.
So, as consumers grow increasingly critical of globalized value chains and turn to more sustainable lifestyles, the Alpine heritage could contribute to re-territorialize the local textile value chains disrupted by global sourcing and offshore production while boosting natural local resources and projecting an attractive image that justifies the price point of Alpine products.
With its 12 partner organizations from 5 Alpine countries, AlpTextyles gathers precious textile ecosystems to create a common ground of expertise in research and innovation, foster regional development and job creation, and safeguard cultural heritage and circularity.
During its 3-years implementation, the project will:
- Map the Alpine textile heritage and circularity
- Test and evaluate heritage-sensitive circular solutions
- Transfer solutions into the textile ecosystem
AlpTextyles is co-funded by the European Union, within the frame of the Interreg Alpine Space 2021-2027 programme. The official kick-off will take place in Ljubljana, in January 2023.
In addition to its consortium partners, AlpTextyles will be closely followed by several observers. They will bring a critical eye to the progress of the project, and will facilitate the dissemination of the results. We count among the observers:
- Budget: 3.000.000 €
- Project leader: Polo Poschiavo (Switzerland)
- Partner(s): Polo Poschiavo (Switzerland), Techtera (France), Research Centre of the Slovenian Academy of Sciences and Arts (Slovenia), Early Makers Group / EM Lyon (France), Development agency Sora (Slovenia), Lombardy Region (Italy), Sistema Moda Italia (Italy), Bellissimo (Italy), Istituto Marangoni (Italy), Stand Montafon (Austria), Mediplant (Switzerland), Friedrich-Alexander-university Erlangen-Nuremberg (Germany)
- Year(s): 2022-2025
- Project stakes: Relocalization of sustainable, circular, and innovative Alpine textile value chains
- Name of the call for projects: Interreg Alpine Space
- Your Techtera contact: Robin Oddon - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project duration (in months): 36