Allow biobased composites to join the performance of “conventional” composites by offering lighter materials, with a reduced environmental impact, improving their performance by reinforcing natural fibres, elastomeric and thermosetting matrices; thanks to a grafting technique activated by ionisation for optimising fibre/matrix adhesion.
- Budget: 3.25 million €
Security & Defence
- Project leader: IONISOS
- Partner(s): ELKEM SILICONES FRANCE , CHOMARAT, FRD FIBRES RECHERCHE DÉVELOPPEMENT, ECOLE DES MINES D'ALES , INSTITUT DE CHIMIE MOLECULAIRE DE REIMS, HEXCEL COMPOSITES, IONISOS
- Year(s): 2012
- Project stakes: Functionalise plant fibres by ionisation in order to increase the performance of composites based on them.
- Name of the call for projects: FUI14
- Your Techtera contact: K.Picard-Chaïbi
- Project duration (in months): 50